Welcome to the Derwent Canoe Club (DCC) and all things paddling in Southern Tasmania.
To see what’s planned use the Future Planner link below and to enter events use the Calendar menu above noting that events may not be available until closer to the date.
Getting started – Are you a beginner wanting to learn to paddle ? Here are some options:
- Paddling, Pals and Pizza – A social paddling group for members to meet others in the club, learn paddling skills, play games, make friends and chat over a meal afterwards. Look for it over summer on the events section of our Facebook page.
- Southern “Under 3” river trips – River trips run by experienced club members on grade 1 or 2 rivers for novice paddlers progressing into the art of paddling on moving water.
- Paddle Tasmania – Education – Accredited courses run by Paddle Tasmania to learn paddling skills.
- Slalom Stingers – A great junior development program for slalom (adults also welcome).
- Ocean Ski Racing – Run in conjunction with Next Level Kayaking.
- Canoe Polo – Weekly roster in terms 2 and 3 along with rolling practice at the Clarence pool.
- Simple Slalom – Monthly competitions held at Broken Bridge during summer which are open to everyone.
- Jane Stephenson Nov 23, 2023Jane is our education officer. She handles the registrations and administrative side of our courses and events here at Paddle TAS. She loves paddling, including white water, slalom and especially canoe polo. Jane is one of our white water kayak instructors. She is also a foundation slalom and canoe polo coach. Jane can be contacted […]
- Save the Date PADDLE WEEK 2024: 13 – 21 January 2024 Nov 23, 2023
- AIS releases Sun Safe guidelines for the sporting summer Dec 7, 2023
- Paddle Pathways – Get to Know Sprint Kayak World Champion Jackson Collins Dec 5, 2023
- 2023 ICF CANOE OCEAN RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS COMES TO A STUNNING CLOSE IN PERTH Dec 2, 2023
- 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships SNR, JNR, Para and U23 medalists Dec 1, 2023
- HISTORY MAKING DAY AS SMITH AND HILL CLAIM 2023 ICF OCEAN RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES Nov 30, 2023