The Derwent Canoe Club (DCC) was established in the 1970’s and was incorporated in mid 90’s. Membership is typically around 120. The club is affliated to Canoe Tasmania, which is in turn affiliated with Australian Canoeing. The DCC serves all the southern areas of the state and is based in Hobart.
Club Activities and Programs:
- Entry Level Skills development:
- Paddle Power: Great for junior development with adults accepted as well.
- Canoe Tasmania: Great education and accreditation courses with generous discounts for members.
- All other disciplines below generally welcome new members with basic skills on appropriate events.
- Whitewater paddling:
- Under 3 trips: Easy, Social trips for all, scheduled monthly.
- River running and creeking: ad hoc trips often organised after a good dump of rain.
- Wildwater Racing
- Canoe Polo,
- Flatwater Paddling
- Browns river races: midweek evening of social racing – all craft, all ducks + BBQ
- Ocean racing
- Freestyle (Rodeo) and
- Multi-Sport Racing.
(No boats currently available for hire until we arrange an asset officer to administer the service – volunteers?)
The Club has numerous boats for hire at a good price for members. Boats include river running kayaks, play boats, creek boats, a double (Topo Duo) and plastic Wildwater Racing kayaks (Wavehoppers). Boat hire is for members only AND an annual membership carries an entitlement to 3 free hires per year.
Joining the Club
Please visit the Fees and Charges page for financial details or straight to the Membership page for all membership information.